Social Media/PR Internship
1. Cover letter explaining why you would be a great fit
3. Relevant writing samples or links to your work
This is an amazing opportunity for a driven individual who wants to build a network of contacts in media, fashion, take part in fun events, and chart a career in the field of PR & social media marketing.
We are looking for a fashion marketing intern to amplify our brand identity, generate press, direct traffic to the website, and increase sales. Fashion students and self-described fashionistas preferred.
- Write PR copy
- Assist in the creation of newsletters, e-mail campaigns, on line promotion
- Write press releases and other materials
- Seek and analyze competitor marketing materials both on and offline
- Consistent posts on blogs, forums, and social networks
- Online outreach and promotion using Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Tumblr, Twitter, and more.
- Website and social media optimization
- Keyword analysis
· Knowledge: Ideally candidate should have a solid understanding of how the fashion & media world works, how to create buzz, targeting demographics, and be plugged into NYC's subcultures and various scenes
· Communication: Ideal candidate should have excellent verbal and written communication skills, with extensive knowledge of Web and social media.
· Fashion Media & PR: Someone who is passionate about fashion, fashion bloggers and fashion media, who knows and follows the best bloggers, sites, and magazines.
· Internet & Social marketing: Someone who is comfortable using the internet and social media aggressively, and who knows how to best reach out and target these press outlets and get on their radar.
· PR Pitch Writing: Someone who knows how to write fashion marketing copy, to pitch to these bloggers and sites and consistently following up.
· Creativity: Someone who can easily think of different ways to pitch, use and create different images, and ways to engage interested customers.
· Contacts: Someone who has contacts in the fashion media world, or who would like to use this internship as an opportunity to build your network. Someone who is outgoing, charming, and likes to socialize, go to events, and self-promote.
· Go-Getter: Someone who is independent and doesn't need a lot of hand-holding, who can grasp a goal, create a strategy to achieve it, go after it, and produce results.
Compensation: Store Credit + Travel Expense
Send your resume + Cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org